B.Sc (Ed) Computer Science
The B.Sc. (Ed.) Computer Science is structured to run for a minimum of four years and maximum of eight years for students starting at 100 level or minimum of three years and maximum of six years for students starting at 200 levels. Students will undergo a six week (6) practical teaching period at 300 and 400 levels
The philosophy of the B.Sc (Ed.) Computer programme is in agreement with the vision of the University and focuses on providing access to high quality education and equity in educational opportunities for Computer Science educators. This is necessary for extending and enlarging learning opportunities to thousands of would-be Computer/Education teachers to improve their vocations and contribute to the provision of the needed capacity building in our institutions and society in general.
Candidates intending to enter the BSc. (ED) Computer Science must satisfy the University admission requirements as follows:
UME Five credit passes in SSCE or equivalents in Biology or Further Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language.
- b) Direct Entry
- i) A pass at merit level in relevant Diploma programme (provided the SSCE requirements are met).
- ii) Advanced level passes in 2 relevant subjects with SSCE requirements
- iii) NCE in Computer Science with at least merit pass in a subject with SSCE requirements
- iv) NCE double major in Computer Science with SSCE requirements.
- iv) IJMB passes in 2 relevant subject with SSCE requirements
To be eligible for the award of the B.Sc (Ed.) Computer Science, a student must have passed a minimum of 90 and 120 credit units for the 3-year and 4-year degree programme respectively. That is:
- For a four year degree course, a minimum of 120 units should be required for graduation,
- For a direct three year course, a minimum of 90 units should be required for graduation;