B.Sc (Ed.) Health Education
These programme is designed to train through open and distance learning mode to develop the total person through knowledge and skills necessary to link Health and Human Kinetics to the foundation of a healthy, productive and quality life.
- Candidates intending to enter the B.Sc Ed. Health Education Programme must satisfy the University admission requirements.
- a) UTME
Five credit passes in SSCE in Mathematics, English Language and Biology and any other two subjects.
- b) Direct Entry Applicants:
Any one of the following qualifications is admissible for the three (3) year degree programmes:
- Advanced A’level passes in 2 relevant subjects (**Biology compulsory**) with SSCE requirements
- i) ii) Two (2) passes in relevant subjects areas at Advanced level with SC / GCE ‘O’ Level credit passes in five (5) subjects at not more than two (2) sittings or
iii) Passes in two (2) major subjects in relevant areas in the NCE with GCE ‘O’ Level credit or its equivalent in five (5) subjects.
- iv) Two (2) passes at the IJMB (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) examination or Cambridge Moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examinations or International Baccalaureate from a recognized institution with school certificate credits or equivalent in five (5) subjects.
English Language and Mathematics Requirements
In all cases, whether by Direct Entry or UME, the following shall apply:
A credit in Mathematics and English Language at the Senior School Certificate/or its equivalent are required of all education students
To be eligible for the award of the B Sc.(Ed.) Human Kinetics, a student must have passed up to 120 and 90 credit units for the 4- year and 3-year degree Programmes respectively. Students must pass all core and GST courses.