Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
Postgraduate Diploma in Education is domiciled in the Faculty of Education, National Open University of Nigeria. This degree programme has got her full accreditation approval from Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC). This programme (PGDE) is opened to all students who have had their first degree or its equivalent. Below are some other vital information about this programme.
- Admission available for 700 Level
- A minimum of 5 credits in O’ levels.
- Compulsory courses required in O’levels are Mathematics and English Language
- Any other relevant courses in O’levels
NOTE: Admission is opened to:
- A graduate from a recognized university, with at least a second-class lower division;
- A holder of a minimum of lower credit in the Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution;
- A person with qualifications adjudged by NOUN to be equivalent to (a) and (b) above. Such a candidate will need to have their work place experience and skills already acquired to be evaluated by NOUN for their university.
- a.Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit grade. b. First degree with a minimum of Third Class grade
The programme consists of course work, practical teaching and research project. A candidate may register for a maximum of 39 credit units and a minimum of 37 credit units. The courses are listed in the school of post graduate prospectus.
The minimum period for completion of the programme ranges from 3 semesters to 6 semesters. However, a student must pass at least 31 credit units including all compulsory courses to qualify for graduation.
Below are the courses for the programme and their status.